Army Recognition went to ULBRICHTS’ factory, located between Salzburg and Linz, and attended a series of firing tests on ULBRICHTS helmets, with and without additional shields, and on classical NIJ IIIA helmets currently issued to nearly all armies… which we shall prudently not name, considering the frightening results we personally assessed.
Read more about Ulbrichts ballistic protective helmet at this link https://www.armyrecognition.com/defense_news_december_2022_global_security_army_industry/discover_unrivaled_efficiency_of_ulbrichts_optio_and_zenturio_protective_ballistic_helmets.html
The following tests were executed on November 23 at a distance of 5 meters for handgun ammunition, and 10 meters for rifle ammunition, with various helmets, put on a ‘’normed soap head – specified by VPAM HVN’’, the material commonly used to relevantly represent the human head density, with the results indicated after each test:
Handgun performance from 5m:
• 9x19mm frontal hit on ULBRICHTS OPTIO helmet. Result: not a single impact is visible, thus no perforation and no lethal trauma.
• 9x19mm side hit on anNIJ IIIA helmet. Result: more than 50 joules (at survivable 25 joules) which means lethal brain trauma and death!
Rifle performance from 10m:
• 5.56x45mm frontal hit on ULBRICHTS OPTIO helmet with FORTIS (forehead shield). Result: no perforation and no lethal trauma.
• 5.56x45mm frontal hit on an NIJ IIIA helmet. Result: full penetration and death of its wearer!
• 7.62x39mm MSC frontal hit on ULBRICHTS OPTIO helmet with FORTIS (forehead shield). Result: no perforation and no lethal trauma.
• 7.6x51mm frontal hit on ULBRICHTS OPTIO helmet with FORTIS (forehead shield). Result: no perforation and no lethal trauma
• 7.62x39mm MSC front and side hit on ULBRICHTS ZENTURIO 7.62x39 MSC helmet (stand-alone rifle helmet, not foreseen to receive a forehead shield). Result: no perforation and no lethal trauma
Visit our online defense and security magazines and read more news at:
Army Recognition https://www.armyrecognition.com
Navy Recognition https://www.navyrecognition.com
Air Recognition https://www.airrecognition.com
Army Recognition Group
Global Defense & Security News
Defense & Security News Web TV
Online magazine for defense and security industry
Worldwide Defense & Security News
Marketing and advertising for Defense & Security Industry and Exhibition